As most of you know we are moving to Lexington! We have shared with you some of our reasons and for the rest of you we will try to help make our "puzzling" move to a much smaller place (850 sq ft) apt - not a house make more sense- We will save money by moving to Lexington- Altho this will be our first apartment experience EVER - Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good!!
Rent is cheaper, David is so close to work he will be able to walk to work on a daily basis. Now, some of you have mentioned that I could get a job in Lexington and I would be closer to work too. However, as you read on maybe you will understand our reasons for me NOT to change jobs. Also, as some of you may know David is going back to school, he is going back to freshen up on new programs in his current field as it is always changing and he needs to stay current with his field to make himself more marketable in the days to come. Many of you have asked if he plans on switching jobs... for the moment the answer is no!
However, and here is the rest off the story we figure that by moving we will be able to put around $150.00 a month in savings - we figure we will need this money to help pay for our move across country at the time of the family reunion! Yes! You read right, OUR MOVE across country. We do not know exactly where or how yet but, that is our plan. We will be looking at both Utah and Idaho, it will depend greatly on where David finds a job - and now you can see why he needs to learn everything he can in his field so that he can be more marketable. (Faith without works is dead!) Hopefully that answers your questions on why I am going to stay with my current job as well, we feel longer length of employment will look better on a resume.
This will be a HUGE change for us and alot of you are probably in shock right now... Here is the even bigger shock - all of this was Davids idea! That's right, he thought it over it for weeks before he even mentioned it to me! - (he knew once he mentioned it to me that I would be ok with the idea) Well, we have thought and prayed about it and feel we have made the right decision - (Does that answer your questions as to WHY I'm giving up my DREAM home?)
You have to have all the pieces of a puzzle for it to fit together perfectly! And- there you have it... We would appreciate your help in the days to come, we of course will both need to find jobs, we will need a place to live, and may even need other help! We will try to keep everyone up to date on any developements. We sure do love you and look forward to all of the family outings, cookouts, birthday parties, dinners etc. that I at least have been coveting for a long time.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow!! This is a shocker especially considering how much David hates Utah. I remember the time that David gave Lisa the hardest time about Utah and how much he hated it because everything was dead...maybe Idaho would be the best place for you guys. :-) I guess everyone mellows out as they get old(er).
All kidding aside, it will be nice to have you guys closer and be able to have family get togethers with you. We'll convert David into a Utahn before he even knows what's happening.
I am definitely in shock! Hello, I thought we were sticking together out here in the East. Now it will just be me, and everyone knows I'm not going anywhere. Oh, but alas, I shall persevere in my solo quest for green grass and trees...
That really is exciting though! And I guess it gives me one more reason to come visit.
Wow!!!!!! I must echo the words of others, I am in shock! How wonderful! I am looking forward to having you guys closer too. I however live the furthest out of this bunch (next to Jacob of course) so I don't see everyone to much. I must put in a plug for Santaquin, it has great housing prices, its relatively quiet, and its close to the mountains where you can escape up the canyon in about 3 minutes. love ya!
Post a Comment